Every summer our customers wrestle with whether to lock in to a fixed price program, a capped price program or pay our daily market rate for oil deliveries next season.
Below please find ten things you should know prior to making your decision.
- It is your decision. Jamie Oil neither encourages nor requires any customer to lock in.
- Your decision involves risk and some of the risk is yours.
- Every year oil prices go up on some days and down on others.
- Do not expect to “pick the bottom” of the market.
- Jamie Oil employees have no idea what oil prices are going to do next year.
- If you lock in and oil prices go up, you win. You save money.
- If you lock in and prices fall, you lose. Locking in could cost you money.
- Jamie Oil orders oil from our suppliers when you lock in, as is required by law.
- Jamie Oil cannot get out of the contracts we sign with our suppliers, and we require our customer to fulfill their obligations to us.
- If a customer chooses to lock in five years in a row, it is likely that the customer will lose money two out of the five years.